LAWYERS' PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY COVERAGE
Insurance Underwritten by
Swiss RE Lawyers’ Professional Liability Program, underwritten by Westport Insurance Corporation (Rated A “Excellent” by A.M. Best), is designed to protect lawyers against both the typical and unique claims being asserted today.
This top-quality coverage at a competitive price includes:
• Limits of Liability – begin at $100,000 per claim, $300,000 aggregate and can be quoted up to a maximum of $15 Million per claim,
$15 Million aggregate to qualifying firms
• Additional Claims Expense and Claims Expense Outside the limit of liability are available, subject to underwriting
• Full Prior Acts Coverage available
• Broad definition of Insured and Legal Services
• Reimbursement for trial attendance at Westport’s request, up to $10,000 per claim against you.
• Swiss RE Program Extras:
• Online risk control service for insureds
• Access to a free, confidential claim prevention “Hot-Line” for Insureds
HOW TO SUBMIT BUSINESS
Your agency needs to be a member of the Independent Insurance Agents of Connecticut and have a completed Agents' Agreement on file with Independent Agents Services. You must also submit a copy of your agency's Connecticut Insurance license and a certificate of insurance showing your agency's current professional liability insurance coverage and listing IAS, Inc. as certificate holder (if IAS, Inc. does not write this coverage for your agency). If you currently do not have an agreement, you can submit a completed agreement, copy of insurance license and certificate of insurance with your first application.
Complete the application and any necessary supplementary forms (listed below in the forms area) with your insured and fax them to: Rose Mullaly at 860) 563-6730 or email them to her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a blank copy of the firm's letterhead.
We will send the quote to you via email.
If you would like to accept the proposal, return the quote acceptance signed by the insured and a net premium check* made payable to: IAS, 30 Jordan Lane, Wethersfield, CT 06109. Once the policy issues it will be forwarded to your office via email
Independent Agents Services, Inc. Agent’s Agreement & Commission Schedule
Westport Application & Supplementary Forms:
NOTE: You will need Adobe Reader to properly open these documents. After saving them on your local drive, they will open faster. Download Ado be Acrobat.
You may also e-mail these forms to your clients – for quick, clear applications!
Please remember that all applications and supplements must be printed and signed and dated by the insured before they are submitted to underwriting.
APPLICATIONS / FORMS TO DOWNLOAD