Printable version of Associate Member Benefits
Printable Associate Membership Application
The Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America (IIABA), the nation's oldest and largest independent agent association, is both a highly regarded consumer advocacy organization and a powerful force within the insurance industry, on Capitol Hill and in the media. Founded in 1896 by a small group of local fire agents, the association now represents 300,000 agents and their employees.
Now in its second century, IIABA' s activities have expanded to address the many challenges and opportunities that agents face. Through its federation of 51 state associations, as well as its headquarters and Capital Hill offices, IIABA provides advocacy, business tools and media visibility to its members. IIABA represents more than half of all the independent insurance agencies in the country, and its members range from small rural agencies selling personal lines to large commercial brokers handling major national accounts.
HOW DOES THIS RELATE TO THE GROWTH OF YOUR BUSINESS?
Businesses other than independent property and casualty agencies are offered Associate Membership in our organization. Associate Membership in our Connecticut chapter, Independent Insurance Agents of Connecticut (IIAC), is available to those persons and firms who are directly engaged in the insurance industry or who have some other professional or business relationship with one of our members doing business under the American Agency System. Associate Members receive many benefits but are not allowed voting privileges or use of the Big "I" trademark logo. Our members are committed to supporting our Associate Membership.
As an Associate Member of the Independent Insurance Agents of Connecticut you and your firm will be further recognized as an active member of the Connecticut insurance community, concerned with issues that affect our industry, and an active participant in working on solutions to our common problems.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS TO ASSOCIATE MEMBERS INCLUDE:
- DIRECT MAIL TO AGENCIES Access to our Membership via Direct Mail using our Mailing House Up to Three Times Per Year.
- LINK FROM IIAC WEBSITE TO ASSOCIATE MEMBERS WEBSITE Links are posted as "Associate Member Links" under Member Resources.
- SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES Opportunity to sponsor lunches at full day education classes. Click here to view guidelines of sponsorship. Please contact Rose Mullaly at IIAC (860-563-1950) to schedule a luncheon.
- BULLETINS / NEWSLETTERS Legislative Bulletins are designed to keep you on top of the pertinent Issues of the Industry as well as providing you with other Technical Information and Notices of Upcoming Events and Seminars.
- CONVENTION BOOTH DISCOUNT Annual Convention Exhibitor Discount of 10%. (You don' t want to miss our Convention!)
- MEMBER RATES FOR PROGRAMS & EVENTS Special Rates for all our Educational Programs, Special Events, Conventions and Seminars for all your staff.
- FRAMED CERTIFICATE Framed Certificate of Associate Membership for display.
Annual Membership dues is $400 and is based on a calendar year.
Annual membership dues are pro-rated on a quarterly basis for the first year.
|January to March: $400
||April to June: $300
|July to September: $200
||October to December: $100
Plus following year's dues of $400
Print an application by clicking here and mail it with the appropriate membership fee listed above to:
Independent Insurance Agents of Connecticut, Inc.
30 Jordan Lane
Wethersfield, CT 06109
If you have any questions or would like to discuss Associate Membership further, please contact Rose Mullaly at 860-563-1950.
Our Associate Membership is important to our strength as an organization.
We strongly encourage our membership to support the businesses of our Associate Membership.