Through MAIA, you can offer your clients the RLI stand-alone Personal Umbrella Liability Policy. It gives your clients an additional layer of liability insurance protection above their underlying coverages. Consumers often wrongfully assume that their auto or home insurance will provide all the liability protection they need. The reality is that jury awards in personal liability lawsuits are unpredictable and often exceed limits carried by insureds or maximum limits written by many companies.
Some highlights include:
• $1 million, $2 million, $3 million, and $5 million liability limits.
• Broad underwriting guidelines allow the insured to easily qualify for the program.
• The application* is self-underwriting, so you know as soon as you complete the form whether your clients qualify for coverage.
• Competitive premiums are offered for all coverage limits to keep RLI’s umbrella insurance coverage affordable.
• The insured can maintain their underlying coverage with whatever insurance company they choose, provided they agree to maintain the mandatory minimum underlying coverage limits.
How Do I Get An RLI personal Umbrella Policy?
Obtaining an RLI personal umbrella policy is very simple! This application* can now be completed on-line at www.rlicorp.com, however, it must still be printed and signed by the insured. To complete an application* on-line, contact Anna at MAIA at email@example.com to get your ID and password to log-on to the RLI portal. Or you can click on the following link to print an application*.
• Complete application:
*Online Application: click here to log-in and begin completing the application
*Any applications with the effective date of 1/01/12 or later use this application. New RLI PUP Application Rate Sheet
NOTE: Simply open the attachment and navigate by using the TAB key. To select an answer, either hit the space bar, hit the enter key or click with the mouse and an “X” or check mark will appear. You can e-mail it to your insureds for completion. They could answer the questions and mail/fax it back to you for quoting. Then, if they qualify and would like to purchase the policy, all they would need to do is PRINT and SIGN the application and forward it to your office. Please remember that the application still needs to be signed by the insured and there is no provision for an electronic signature at this point.
• If you would like a preliminary quote, complete the application* and check the appropriate rate sheet:
Online PUP Guest Quoter : this will take you right to the online quoting system.
NOTE: There are 2 different rate sheets. One is for applications with underlying automobile limits of anything greater than 100/300, and the second is for those with 100/300 only.
• Once you have printed and completed the application*, verify that the insured qualifies for a policy. (The application is self-explanatory.)
• The application* must be signed by a licensed Missouri broker.
• Mail the application with payment to: Agents Marketing Corporation, P. O. Box 1806, Jefferson City, MO 65102-1806.
PDF Personal Umbrella Brochure that can be filled with your agency information
Sample Solicitation Letter for a Personal Umbrella Client
For more information:
Contact Anna Brockes at MAIA's Insurance Department, 800-617-3658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.