IIAM Membership Benefits
The IIABA is the nation’s oldest and largest association of independent insurance agents and brokers, representing a network of more than 300,000 agents, brokers, and their employees nationally. IIABA members are small businesses that offer customers a choice of policies from a variety of insurance companies and offer all lines of insurance—property, casualty, life and health. The IIAM has many benefits to offer its members. Public Risk Insurance Management, Inc. (PRIM), which is wholly owned by the IIAM, is the administrator for many of the products we offer to our member agencies and their clients. The Montana Insurance Education Foundation (MIEF) is the association’s non-profit education foundation, and provides continuing education and training for the insurance industry.
IIAM Membership Benefits
· Legislative Advocacy – State and National Representation (including Legislative Bulletins)
· Young Agents’ Committee leadership development, including mid-year YAC Leadership Conference
· One complimentary annual convention registration for member agencies
· Annual Convention offers education, keynote speakers and carrier networking opportunities
· T@GS - monthly association newsletter
· Nationally recognized Trusted Choice branding campaign
· Group Life and Disability insurance through the Kelsey Group
· InsurBanc provides loans to agencies as well as banking services and products to agencies and employees
· Discount rates on FedEx shipping and Caliper employee services
· Virtual University and “Ask and Expert” program
· Access to the Market Member Marketing Activity Center
· Agency Council for Technology (ACT)
· Access to the Virtual Risk Consultant service through Rough Notes
· Webinars and education opportunities on industry specific topics
· Scholarships available to attend National Legislative Conference
PRIM Products & Markets
· Agents errors and omissions coverage through Swiss RE/Westport Insurance and Fireman’s Fund
· E&O Premium savings through the Swiss Re Agency Shield Program
· E&O Premium savings through approved Loss Control seminar
· Stand alone Personal Umbrella through RLI Insurance Corp.
· In-Home Business policies through RLI Insurance Corp.
· Worker’s compensation coverage through the Montana State Fund, available to members that do not have a direct appointment.
· Special Event coverage for MMIA member cities and towns, written through Alliant on a master policy owned by the MMIA.
· EMC comprehensive School Insurance Program, available to members that do not have a direct appointment.
· Montana Motor Vehicle Record Searches can be done for members for insurance purposes.
· Auto Liability/Proof of Insurance Cards is available for purchase to IIAM members.
· Flood program, in, above and outside the NFIP, through Big I Markets.
· Access to Big “I” Markets providing:
o Access to MetLife Auto & Home and Travelers Small Commercial Select Division through Eagle Agency – Direct appointments granted once premium commitments reached.
o Affluence Homeowner Market
o Real Estate Agents E&O coverage
o Engineers Business and Professional Liability program through ACEC
o Access to habitation and restaurant risks markets
o Travelers Executive Liability Products – D&O, EPLI and Fiduciary coverage
o Philadelphia D&O products and special event coverage
o Bid, contract, performance and surety Bonds through Goldleaf Surety Services
o Access to over 30 other markets covering various exposures
MIEF Products & Services
· Over 30 annual seminars across Montana
· National Designation Programs:
o Agribusiness & Farm Insurance Specialist (AFIS)
o Construction Risk Insurance Specialist (CRIS)
o Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
o Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR)
· State approved continuing education
· Legislative Changes & Ethics Seminars
· Errors & Omissions Loss Control Seminars
· In-house Training
· Online Learning
· Insurance CE Scholarships
· College Scholarships
· InVest Educational Scholarships to Miles Community College
· Agency Intern Program
· Monthly MIEF education newsletter
· Darrell Bjornson Memorial Golf Tournament