NEVADA INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENTS
The Nevada Independent Insurance Agents (NIIA) was formed in 1946 as an affiliate of Independent Insurance Agents of America, now The Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA).
NIIA has 135 Agency Members statewide representing over 2400 individual insurance agents/brokers, customer service representatives and other miscellaneous employees. NIIA excels in member services including, but not limited to, legislative advocacy, educational services, insurance products, technical resources and member communications.
Additionally, NIIA has over 65 Associate Members. These members cover the entire range of the insurance industry including insurance carriers, managing general agents, claims adjusters and others providing services to the insurance industry.
TO GIVE A FEW HIGHLIGHTS IN EACH AREA OF NIIA OPERATIONS:
- Organizes an Annual Convention and a Midyear/Legislative Symposium bringing members and other industry professionals together.
- A monthly newsletter, “The Independent”, keeping a circulation of over 300 informed.
- The website on which you are reading this document, the pathway to NIIA and IIABA programs and services.
- Creation and maintenance of comprehensive database for all members, associate members, industry and legislative contacts.
- National and statewide legislative advocacy both during and between Legislative Sessions.
- Publishes the “Legislative Bulletin” monthly during Legislative Sessions
- Service on the Insurance Commissioner’s Property/Casualty Advisory Committee.
Member Insurance Programs:
- Agents & Brokers Errors & Omissions Programs
- E&O Programs for Life/Health Agents, Real Estate Professionals and Claims Adjusters
- Employment Practices Liability Program
- RLI In-Home Business Package Program
- RLI Personal Umbrella Program
- Eagle Agency
- Big “I” Markets
- Selective Insurance Company Flood Insurance Program
- Certified Insurance Counselors (CIC) Programs
- Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR) Programs
- Annual E&O Loss Control Seminars for insurance professionals.
- Development of other educational programs that are relevant, current and cost effective.
Please wander through this Web Page to find out the details of these and other NIIA activities, services and programs.