IIABW Young Agents
The Young Agents committee has numerous exciting events planned to help people new to the industry network with others. See our Facebook Fan Page for more information. Be sure to 'like us.'
- The Young Agents Annual Conference will be held in Leavenworth on June 12-13. More details to follow.
Here are some of the events that have been held recently:
- 75 industry professionals attended the 14th annual holiday networking event and food drive in Kirkland in November.
- Over 50 IIABW members participated in the Make a Wish Walk in Redmond and Spokane this Fall. The Young Agents organized the event and helped raise over $10,000 for the worthy charity.
- 30 Young Agents attended the networking event at the Mariner's game on Aug. 23
- Over 65 attended the Young Agent Annual Conference at Campbell's Resort in Lake Chelan in June.
- On March 14th, over 50 industry professionals attended the Young Agents Bowling Networking Event at Acme Bowling in Tukwila.
Who are the Young Agents?
The IIABW’s Young Agents of Washington is a statewide network of insurance professionals striving for professional growth through educational achievement, leadership development, legislative involvement, consumer advocacy, and insurance career perpetuation. Working with other insurance professionals allows us to discuss industry concerns, programs, sales, and other insurance related topics with colleagues who have had or are having similar experiences. If you are fairly new to the industry (and young at heart) you are encouraged to participate in the IIABW Young Agents. For more information contact the Young Agents Committee Chair, Brian Fassburg at Pacific International Undewriters - 800-562-8403.
The Young Agents of Washington are comprised of energetic independent agency and company personnel 40 years of age and under who are committed to professional and personal growth. We are one of the 39 Young Agents Associations nationwide working to ensure the future success of the Independent Agency System.
We Encourage and Promote:
- Involvement in our State Association
- Leadership roles within our State Association and Organizations
- Training in sales, management & leadership
- Education for our agents regarding state political issues
- Interactive settings to develop goals and contacts
- Open communication between young agents
We are the individuals who will become the future leaders of the association, leaders in our communities and are our best resource to perpetuate our Independent Agencies and Companies.