2013 CISR Form
Dept of Commerce
National Alliance Website
Dynamics of Service
Proven Techniques for Providing Effective Customer Service
The Dynamics of Service Program is a one-day, insurance-specific customer service program designed for anyone in the insurance industry who deals with customers. This program will benefit the personnel in any agency, company, or insurance-related organization. Anyone can attend, regardless of affiliation or professional designation. Evaluations from participants confirm that this is one of the highest rated programs conducted by The National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research.
Learn these important aspects of quality customer service:
- Learn the basic needs of customers including: the need to be understood; the need to feel welcome; the need to feel important; and the need to feel comfortable with the service representative.
- Understand human differences by exploring: your personality/behavior style; the personality/behavior style of others; and dealing with various personality styles.
- Define high-quality customer service and how this might vary with each customer.
- Learn the "dynamics" of customer service including: understanding the role of each person on the service team; the impact of service on acquiring, retaining, and recovering accounts; and understanding the success process.
- Develop skills in the areas of: creating a positive image; building credibility with colleagues and clients; using verbal and non-verbal communication effectively; the areas of follow-through and follow-up.
- Build rapport and influence with clients and carriers. Topics include: Making a good impression; Dealing with difficult clients; When to get help; and Avoiding the 10 deadly sins of customer service.
- Develop skills in listening and communication including: the art of listening; and effective questioning.
- Refine service skills for sales opportunities. Topics include: customer service through account development, policy upgrading techniques; and cross-selling techniques.
- Tips for effectively using voice mail and e-mail.
FAQs-Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend Dynamics of Service?
Owners, producers, service representatives, claims personnel - even the receptionist! Any person in an agency or company having contact with the customer will benefit by attending this skill-building program. Dynamics of Service will prepare your staff to provide quality customer service, regardless of position.
How will this program benefit me in my job?
Participants will be able to apply all aspects of the program to their daily work habits, demonstrate a better understanding of the insurance service process, increase their productivity, and increase their level of job satisfaction. The participant will have the opportunity to network with other students and share experiences and ideas.
Where can I attend a Dynamics of Service program?
To register for a class please download the registration form.
Can the Dynamics of Service program be conducted specifically for my agency or company?
Yes, In-House Dynamics of Service programs can be conducted specifically for an agency, company, or any insurance-related organization. In-House programs are a cost-effective way to provide quality education for all members of an organization. For details on In-House programs, call the MIIA at (800)-864-3846.